How to conduct a document search
Here are some resources to help you with your document searches.
Steps to conduct a document search:
- Specify the search topic
- Select relevant sources of information and proper search tools
- Perform the search
- Access documents or locate them in the library
- Evaluate the information
- Cite references
Search tutorials and help guides
- Unlocking Research is a guide to help navigate through the research process.
- Diapason is a learning resource database on how to retrieve information (French).
- Info Research 101 is an interactive tutorial to provide the basics of finding and using information.
- The ProfilTIC section of Profweb is a learning resource database on how to conduct a search, process information, and present it.